Presented by the Humboldt Arts Council and Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone (707) 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org for more information or to have an exhibit or performance included.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Music by SqueezeBug, accordion/guitar. William Thonson Gallery: "Big Pictures," Suk Choo Kim, photography. Homer Balabanis Gallery: Humboldt Artist Gallery featuring representational and abstract paintings, prints, jewelry, photographs and ceramics. Anderson Gallery: Melissa Gwyn, oil paintings on panels, oil sketches and watercolor paintings. Knight Gallery: John Wood, abstract paintings. Youth Gallery: A collection of poems and art on peace and nonviolence by Humboldt County high school students.
3. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. Free big-screen cartoons, shorts and classic films. Concession stand offerings.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. Winter solstice exhibition.
7. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Pam Carothers, acrylic, oil and water colors.
7b. REDWOOD MUSIC MART 511 F St. Music by Tim Wilson, bluegrass.
9. MIKKIMOVES' LIVING ROOM GALLERY 805 Seventh St. Humboldt County Student Art show juried by John Wesa, Stock Schlueter, Marceau Verdiere and Monica Topping. Celebrating National Soup Month with soups and sparkling drinks. Music by Tres Bien.
11. BOLLYWOOD INDIAN CUISINE 535 Fifth St. Chrissy Fracker, portraits.
11a. ROSE'S BILLIARDS 535 Fifth St. Music TBA.
11b. JAZZ FESTIVAL HEADQUARTERS 523 Fifth St. Early bird tickets and merchandise. Refreshments.
12. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. "Dialectic," retrospective by Curtis Otto, oil paintings. Guest artist Renee Ross, abstract gouache paintings. Music by Doug Felden 4/4 Jazz. Beverage service benefits Timber Heritage Association.
13. BLACK LIGHTNING MOTORCYCLE CAFÉ 440 F St. Stephen Brisken, motorcycle photography. Music by Lisa Sharry, acoustic folk/rock.
14. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. "Shrock N Roll Art Show," Douglas Shrock.
15. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Mary Ann Renner, photography. Vince Cavataio, photography.
16. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. "Old School Art," Michael Arneson.
17. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY AND THE STUDIO 272 C St. "Weltwunder," Christine Bietz, acrylic paintings and ceramic sculptures.
18. SAILOR'S GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo related art, antiques, and memorabilia.
18b. MANTOVA'S TWO ST. MUSIC 124 Second St. Music by The Band None Such, 6-9 p.m.
18c. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. "Dollz," Stacy Cobine, mixed media assemblage. Due to adult content, this exhibition is not for kids.
19. SWEET SEA STUDIO 129 Second St. Digital photography.
19a. GALLAGHER'S IRISH PUB 139 Second St. Ron Thompson, oil paintings. Music by The M Notes.
20. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Marnie Schneider. Kathleen Bryson's Art from her private collection. Music by The Last Match and guest band at 9 p.m.
21. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C streets. Marni Schneider, photography.
21a. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
21b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. "How Am I Going To Explain This To My Mother?," Rachel Robinson, oil paintings.
22. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Karan Collenberg, etchings. Music by Seabury Gould.
23. THE SIREN'S SONG TAVERN 325 Second St. Noelle Cox, oil paintings. Music by Dog Bone.
24. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 240 E St. Final showing of some 2013 exhibits. Music by Wynsome Winds.
24a. CALIFORNIA MENTOR 317 Third St. Trajectory artists. Music by Patronus.
25. BELLA BASKETS 311 E St. Martha Tilden, wire art.
26. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. James Reid and Mark McKenna, photography.
26a. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Laura Lee Pfeiffer, reclaimed wooden cabinets, frames and organic illustrations. Steve Lazar, custom prints of historic Humboldt County postcard images. Sales benefit Humboldt County Historical Society.
27. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley. Andrew Sible, photography. Music by Jeff Myers and Jim Silva, acoustic guitars.
28. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Rosalie Thompson, oil paintings and ceramics. Music by Norm Bradford, acoustic.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Chapman White, oil paintings.
31. NORTH SOLES 407 Second St. Chrissy Fracker, portraits.
34a. LIVING THE DREAM ICE CREAM 1 F St. Seana Burden, mixed media.
35. VANITY 109 F St. Sherri Dobay, equestrian paintings.
37. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Vintage hats and vintage art.
38. TREASURE TROVE 420 Second St. Sharon Collins, acrylic and oil paintings.
40. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Steve Instantino, European and local landscapes.
41. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. "Humboldt Pin-ups Gynormous Exhibition," Sargon and Gabrielle Bacchus, featuring Humboldt Pin-ups.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third streets. Kids Alive program drop-off 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Call for reservations 443-9694.
44. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. The Studio artists.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE AND CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Darlene Marlow, photography and Beth Gin, paintings. Music by Shugafoot, blues.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Second and F streets. "Off the Grid," watercolor paintings by John Jameton.
50. WOLF DAWG 525 Second St. Steve Helton, oil paintings. Music by John David Young Conspiracy Band.
50c. HUMBOLDT HARDWARE 531 Second St. Woodturning by Layne Thomson.
53. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Rob Hampson, abstract oil paintings. Meagan Russin, jewelry. For private showings call 505-795-1099.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. Martin Sanderson Morgan, drawings, charcoal and pastel on paper.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen and ink.
57. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Multiple artists, artists' choice.
58. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. "Ocean-aire Watercolor Painters of Humboldt County," Paul Rickard, Steve Porter and Jody Bryan, watercolor paintings.