Friday, October 25, 2013
These People Are Picking HSU’s Next President
by Grant Scott-Goforth
on Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:45 AM
at the end of the coming spring semester.
The “Committee for the Selection of the President” — tasked with reviewing applications and interviewing candidates for the university's top job — meets for the first time on Monday. There will be an open forum from 10 a.m. to noon in the Van Duzer Theater followed by a closed-doors session.
The committee is made up of five California State University trustees and CSU Chancellor Timothy White. Committee head J. Lawrence Norton also selected an advisory committee — per board policy — to help pick a new prez.
The advisory committee:
- Lori Dengler, professor, Department of Geology
- Claire Knox, professor, Department of Child Development
- Bernadette Cheyne, professor, Department of Theatre, Film and Dance
- Noah Zerbe, chair, University Senate
- Steven Smith, dean, College of Natural Resources and Sciences
- Kimberly Hall, veterans coordinator (staff representative)
- Conor Handley (student representative)
- Alisa Judge (alumni representative)
- John Woolley (campus advisory board representative)
- Buster Attebery, chairman, Karuk Tribe
- Heidi Moore, Humboldt County Office of Education
- Eduardo Ochoa, president, CSU Monterey Bay
Want to apply for Rollin's job? Read the position description here.
A guild of university trustees, faculty bigwigs and community members — including one student rep — has assembled to choose Humboldt State University’s next president. Rollin Richmond, who has held the position since 2002,