Third Friday McKinleyville Arts Night is presented by members of the McKinleyville business community and is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of local artists. Receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are from 6-8 p.m. on the third Friday of each month. Call (707) 834-6460 or visit www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com for more information.
1) CALIFORNIA REDWOOD COAST AIRPORT 3561 Boeing Ave. "Street Art," works by Thomas "Sonny Wong" Atwood, Christopher Dmise, Eric Furman, Sam Kagan and Ananda Oliveri.
2) SILVER LINING 3561 Boeing Ave., #D (at the California Redwood Coast Airport). Art and woodworking by McKinlevyille Middle School students. Music by JD Jeffries.
3) MCKINLEYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1300 Murray Rd., in the Library. Pastels on the Quad: Earth-related pastels by students. Community members of all ages are invited to add to the pastel drawings and enjoy the open ceramics lab and refreshments.
4) STORK'S NEST McKinleyville Shopping Center. Villiados Photography.
5) MCKINLEYVILLE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER 1450 Hiller Road. A night of art and fun for all ages with special activities from 6:30-7:30 p.m. April's theme is "Spring Flavors."
6) BLAKE'S BOOKS 2005 Central Ave. Tina Gleave, textile art.
7) CHURCH OF THE JOYFUL HEALER 1944 Central Ave. Margaret Kellermann, paintings; Howdy Emerson, paintings. Live music by the artists, guitar and harp.
8) CURVES Miller Business Park. Jessica Swanlund, photographs.