Presented by members of the McKinleyville business community and is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of local artists. Receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are from 6-8 p.m. on the third Friday of each month. Call (707) 834-6460 or visit www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com for more information.
1. CALIFORNIA REDWOOD COAST-HUMBOLDT COUNTY AIRPORT 3561 Boeing Ave. Works by Robert Benson, Floyd Bettiga, Thomas Klapproth, Jim McVicker, William Pierson, Laura Rose, Stock Schlueter and Stilson Snow.
2. SILVER LINING 3561 Boeing Ave. #D (at the California Redwood Coast Airport). Standup comedy by BA-DUM-CHH with house band Terrapin Breeze. Music by Tim Breed and Johnnie Zee from 6-8 p.m.
3. MCKINLEYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1300 Murray Road, in the library. "Environment," mixed media artwork by students focusing on different environments, real or imagined. "Objective Still Lives," photographs by students that emphasize form. There will be "make-and-take" art projects for all ages, an open ceramics lab, refreshments and music.
4. OLD BLOCKBUSTER BUILDING McKinleyville Shopping Center, City Center Road. "Art from Mending Hearts," photography, acrylic, pencil, sculpture and fabric art by survivors of and allies against violence against women. In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness month, the show benefits Humboldt Domestic Violence Services and North Coast Rape Crisis Team. Folk music by Adyn McCabe.
5. MCKINLEYVILLE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER 1450 Hiller Road. Bring your family out for special activities from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The theme for October is "Spooky Art Night." For children of all ages.
6. BLAKE'S BOOKS 2005 Central Ave. Mike and Leslie Anderson, nature photography.
7. CHURCH OF THE JOYFUL HEALER 1944 Central Ave. Dan Anderson and Nick Abler, mixed media. Also plaster-gauze masks. Music by Celtic-style folk guitarist Margaret Kellermann.
8. CENTRAL HAIR DESIGNS 1660 Central Ave. Suite B. Sharon Sheets, watercolors. Ali Nessler, scarves.