A celebration of local art and artists with music, food and fun. McKinleyville Art Night is held on the third Friday of each month is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of local artists. Contact Taffy Stockton at (707. 834-6460. More information at www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com.
1. Eureka-Arcata Airport Special Event, View artwork by Humboldt County artists, coordinated by the Redwood Art Association and sponsored by the Headwaters Fund at the new long term exhibit. Gift shop and new bar open until 11 p.m.
2. Silver Lining, 3561 Boeing Avenue, #D (at the Eureka-Arcata Airport. Barbara MacDonald, "Heart Felt Imaging" nature photography; Greta Daniels, fish-eye jewelry; Good & Evil Twins, ambigram artwork. Music byColin Reis, acoustic folk
3. McKinleyville High School, 1300 Murray Road, in the Multipurpose Room. Personal and Playful Impulses, a faculty collective show, featuring work by Aleisha Bradley, painting & photography; Sean Curry, woodwork; Laura Edwards, watercolor; Jim Hannon, functional ceramic art; Diana Howard, scrapbooking; Marsha Mielke, jewelry & poetry; Anne Sahlberg, short story & poetry; Justine Smith, mixed media; Devon Van Dam, fabric; Rachel Watson, photography. Music by Steve Nystrom, Sean Curry and Chris Evans, plus painting, ceramic and scrapbook demonstrations throughout the evening.
4. North Coast Gallery and Picture Framing, McKinleyville Shopping Center. Ryan Souther, mixed media and drawings
5. McKinleyville Family Resource Center, 1450 Hiller Road. Special Event, Bring your family, kids of all ages please, to our family art night party! The featured art are collages and paintings that were created by families from last month's art night. We will be making spring activity wheels.
6. Mantova's Two Street Music, 2019 Central Avenue.Musical Guest, JD Jeffries, guitar/vocals
7. Blake's Books, 2005 Central Ave.Joyce Jonte, florals and figures in watercolor
8. Curves, Miller Business Park. Louise Campbell, pottery; Kay Bean, oil paintings
9. Knitter's Lane, 1225 Central Ave., #14. Annie Claire, fiber arts. Knit Night: join our knitter's circle. Food, fun and knitting until 10 p.m.