This is a past event.

History of China Flat 

When: Sat., June 1, 1 p.m. 2013
Phone: 445-4342
www.humboldthistory.org
China Flat developed in the 1850s with the influx of miners seeking their fortunes on the Trinity River. It served as a four corners, with a trail going west from China Flat out to the coast; up the Trinity River to Weaverville and Redding; down the Trinity to Weitchpec, then up the Klamath River to Orleans and Yreka; and east across the Trinity and into the New River mining area. Margaret Wooden will show slides of miners on the trails, hydraulic mining operations, families packing in with their mules, the China Flat school and students, the local baseball team, resident Wesley Hotelling, the Willow Creek main drag in 1939 and 1950, the fire of 1960, Charley Roberts delivering “Flamo” during the ’64 flood, and more.

Tags:

Reviews/comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a review


Roll over stars and click to rate.

Search for…

History

© 2014 The North Coast Journal Weekly

Website powered by Foundation

humboldt