First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Saturday, Sept. 6, 6-9 p.m.
Presented by the Humboldt Arts Council and Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone (707) 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org for more information or to have an exhibit or performance included.
A. ST. INNOCENT ORTHODOX CHURCH 939 F St. "Art and Heart," Howard Emerson; church open for viewing.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Music by the Soulful Sidekicks. William Thonson Gallery: "Celebration of the Arts" auction preview for the Sept. 20 gala. Homer Balabanis Gallery: Humboldt Artist Gallery. Anderson Gallery: "Time," Mark Bowles, paintings. Knight Gallery: Selections from the HAC permanent collection. Floyd Bettiga Gallery: 5x7 Art Splurge $100 sale for Youth Art Education Programs. Youth Gallery: Masks from the HAC Permanent Collection.
3. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. Charlie Chaplin shorts, popcorn.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. "That's the Way I See It," open exhibit of Humboldt County artists.
8a. EUREKA STUDIO ARTS 526 Fifth St. "McVicker and Students," plein air paintings by Jim McVicker and his students.
9. MIKKIMOVES' LIVING ROOM GALLERY 805 Seventh St. "Flying Copper Contraptions," Scott Hemphill, sculptures and sketches. Free drawing workshop at 6:30 p.m., all materials provided, beginners welcome. Music by the Anna Banana Hamilton Trio.
10. EUREKA SPA AND SALON 601 Fifth St. Complimentary hair chalking, braiding, stress fix ritual. Artist TBA.
11. BOLLYWOOD INDIAN CUISINE 535 Fifth St. Laurel Skye Designs; Belly Dancers.
11a. ROSE'S BILLIARDS 535 Fifth St. Customer Appreciation Day Arts Alive Special Party. Raffles and drawings.
12. HUMBOLDT REPUBLIC 535 Fourth St. Artwork on canvas.
13. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. "My Nature," Shawn Gould, acrylic; Yael Bentovim Burkes, mixed media. Music by Baney & Co. jazz. Beverage services benefit Redwood Curtain Theatre.
15a. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering, 401 Fifth St. The Lullaby Lounge Tattoo.
16. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Old boat photography.
17. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. "Old School Art," Michael Arneson.
17a. NORTH COAST CO-OP 25 Fourth St. John Wesa.
18. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. "Visual Vocabulary," Elizabeth Thompson, John Taylor and Bob Hanna, drawing, painting and ceramics.
18a. C STREET STUDIOS & HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Kathryn Stotler, mixed media; HumCats art pieces.
18b ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Kirk Shelton, mixed media paintings.
18c. SAILOR'S GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo-related art, antiques and memorabilia.
18d. MANTOVA'S TWO ST. MUSIC 124 Second St. "Guitar Orchestra."
18f. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. Ste. B. Natalie Craig, collective works.
19. SWEET SEA STUDIO 129 Second St. Photography
19a. GALLAGHER'S IRISH PUB 139 Second St. Ron Thompson, oil paintings.
20. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Kathleen Bryson's collection; Marnie Schneider, artwork.
21. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C Streets. Marni Schneider, photography.
21a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. Sam Lundeen, oil paintings; 8 p.m. gala reception for Equivocation.
22. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
22a. C.L. LEATHERS 215 Second St. Music by Joe Garceau.
22b. ACCENT GALLERY 219 Second St. Jeremy LaFlamme, acrylic paintings. Music by The Man in White.
22c. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Paige McClurg, mixed media.
23. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. "Plants & Places," Barbara Saul, acrylic on clayboard. Acoustic guitar by Ken Collins and Jeff Kelley.
23a. FOREVER YOUNG BEAUTY SALON 308 Second St. Mrs. Wallace's and Ms. Villanueva's Pacific Union kindergarten class artwork. Drinks, treats and giveaways.
24a. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY 325 Second St. "Own It," North Coast Co-op employees.
24b. ALTERNATIVE BUILDING CENTER 325 Second St. Ink People Invitational. Music by Mad River Rose.
24c. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Millie Quam, jewelry; Eric Simon, photographs; Rita Smith Fowlkes, handmade dolls; Vickie McDonald, jewelry.
25. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Sam Lundeen, oil on canvas.
25a. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 240 E St. "The Hailstone Collection," Vivien Hailstone, baskets. Music by Lizzy Moonbeam and Dan.
25b. CALIFORNIA MENTOR 317 Third St. Shoshana McAvoy, drawings; Damiana Krueger-Mayo, jewelry trunk show.
26. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Michael Kahan and Sarah Lesher, artwork.
26a. BECAUSE COFFEE 300 F St. Jorden Goodspeed, paintings.
27. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley. Dave Orchard, drawings. Acoustic guitar by John Myers and Jim Silva.
28. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Kim Barrett, art and music.
29. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St. Harp by Sophia Elizarraras.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Mary Louise Anderson, Julia Bednar and Dolores Terry, paintings.
31. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Alenya Reeves, paintings.
32. SASSAFRASS 417 Second St. Serving cookies.
32a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 417 Second St. (new location). Alan Sanborn and his students.
32b. OLD TOWN SQUARE Second and F streets. Music by Pan Dulce Steel Drum.
33. CORNUCOPIA 425 Snug Alley. Sarah and Oliver Cory, photography.
33b. NEW AMERICAN FUND 108 F St. Matt Beard, paintings. Music TBA.
34. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. "A Joyful 80," Joan Gold, mixed media.
35. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT 1 F St. Plaza Richard Duning, paintings.
36. LIVING THE DREAM ICE CREAM 1 F St. Emily Reinardt, charcoal drawings.
37. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Casey Smith, Immortal Elements, new pieces by local jewelry artisans.
38. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. Quilts from Sit & Sew; fifth birthday party with cake.
39. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Benny Wright, paintings.
39a. YARN 416 Second St. April Lane, photography.
39b. GEMINI VINTIQUES 420 Second St. "Shabby Chic, Upcycle," Dee Quier and Jennifer Duncan.
40. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Father Eric Freed's translation of The Experience of the Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima.
40b. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Brandy Asher, paintings.
41. THE BROW BAR 226 F St. Roman, live painting.
41a. ALIROSE 229 F St. Susan Strope, paintings.
41b. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. "More Than Wine," Bob and Donna Sellers.
42. OLD TOWN JEWELERS 311 F St. Nikki Edge, mosaics, multi media works.
43. COCO CUVEE 529 Third St. Sonny Wong, artwork.
43b. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third Sts. Kids Alive program drop-off 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Call for reservations 443-9694.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St. Kayce Salas, contemporary and traditional beadwork.
45. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE 526 Opera Alley. Sonny Wong, artist. Music by Kenny Ray and the Mighty Rovers.
46a. FUNK SHUI 213 F St "The Earth Laughs with Flowers", Bethsheba Goldstein, floral paintings and cards.
46b. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Evan Morden, photography. Music by Bob Soper & Seabury Gould.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Second and F streets "Local Waterscapes," Mary Louise Anderson and Jan Hollander. Flute duets by Wynsome Winds.
50. WOLF DAWG 525 Second St. Rueben Mayes, artwork. Brandon Williams, Phoenix Photography, photo booth.
50b. HUMBOLDT HARDWARE 531 Second St. Humboldt Hot Sauce samples. Live music.
51. PRAXIS FITNESS 239 G St. Winn Wright, colored pencil drawings.
51a. PARASOL ARTS 211 G St. Funk by The Good Homosapiens.
53. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Rob Hampson, oils. Jane Cooper, jewelry.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. Gwenn Thoele, paintings. Rachel Thoele, photography.
54a. STUDIO 622 Gallery 622 Second St. "Informed by Nature," Jennifer Mackey.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, drawings.
56. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Multiple artists, landscapes.
57. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. Dakota's Designs, paintings. Joe Nunez, Center for Insane Arts. Barbara Saul, acrylic paintings. Don Tiley, photography.