Arts Alive! is presented by the Humboldt Arts Council and Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone (707) 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org for more information or to have an exhibit or performance included.
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Holly Garbutt will be designing wedding caps for the June window display; Lauren Cogan Jones, mixed media.
2. Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda, The Randles-Labolle-Amirkhan Trio, Tim Randles, piano, Mike Labolle, drums, and Bobby AmirKhan, bass, eclectic jazz. William Thonson Gallery, Celebration of the Arts 2013 Gala Auction, pre-bid on items in the live and silent auction to be held June 15. Atrium & Rotunda Gallery, selections from permanent collection. Homer Balabanis Gallery Humboldt Artist Gallery, the newly relocated gallery features many exceptional Humboldt County artists and is designed as an artists' cooperative. Anderson Gallery, Melvin Schuler and Edward Olivier's African art and artifacts from their travels. Knight Gallery, selections from the permanent collection. Floyd Bettiga Gallery, Humboldt Artist Gallery Group Show. Youth Gallery, MGMA Museum Art School featuring art created in the 2012-2013 sessions.
3a. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. TBA.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. "Here's Looking at You, Humboldt!" celebrating the unique aspects of Humboldt County, its people, places and natural beauty.
4a. UPSTAIRS AT RAA 603 F St. Dolores Terry, acrylic paintings.
6. DALIANES TRAVEL 522 F St. Gary Todoroff, photography. Since 2008 Gary Todoroff has volunteered on trips to Swaziland, Africa, representing Overseas Resource Link, Eureka Rotary and Lost Coast Rotaract. A once-abandoned mining town was acquired in 2006 by the non-profit organization Bulembu Ministries Swaziland, which is renovating the empty buildings and developing a community that cares for orphaned and abandoned children.
7. F STREET FOTO GALLERY 527 F St. at Swanlund's Camera.
7a. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Brandon Barlow, paintings.
8. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE 516 Fifth St. Peter Tanclini, "Be Kind Anyway," photography.
8a. EUREKA STUDIO ARTS 526 Fifth St. Linda Mitchell, artist and instructor, will give a demonstration in painting with primary colors from 6:30-8:30 p.m.. Mitchell's paintings will be exhibited with work by fellow instructors Micki Dyson-Flatmo, Brent Eviston, Joan Gold, Kathy O'Leary, Stock Schlueter, Rachel Schlueter and Amy Stewart.
9. LIVING ROOM GALLERY 805 Seventh St. Anniversary group show and celebration featuring artists from our first year and previews of our upcoming year: Linda Parkinson, Dara Daniels, Gigi Floyd, Daniel Frachon, Rob Hampson, Beverly Harper, Scott Hemphill, Joyce Jonte, Nancy Kennedy, Annette Makino, Lorraine Miller-Wolf, Jan Ostrom, Stock and Rachel Schlueter, Patricia Sennott, Marceau Verdiere and more. John David Young Trio performing.
10. MANHARD CONSULTING 611 I St. Cindy Noble, watercolors.
11. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. Featured exhibit: Leslie Kenneth Price, paintings; guest artist Tom Reed, photography; Lisa Baney group performing. Beverage service benefits Sequoia Humane Society.
11a. MELVIN SCHULER COURT GALLERY Second floor of Gross building on Fifth and F streets.
13. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Valerie Carmen and Mark Wells, "Double Vision."
14. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Katherine Ziemer, photography. Vince Cavatio, "Wave and Surfing" photography.
15. HUMBOLDT REPUBLICAN CENTRAL COMMITTEE 311 Fifth St. Claudia Lima, acrylics.
16. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Marnie Schneider, artwork; art from Kathleen Bryson's private collection; The Last Match, performing at 9 p.m., no cover.
17. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. "The Mosaic Show," with the mosaic medium applied on a variety of objects, from found to ceramic sculptures.
17a. C STREET STUDIOS AND HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Kathryn Stotler, mixed media.
17b. THE WORKS 210 C St. TBA.
18. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo-related art, antiques and memorabilia.
18a. LIVELLA STUDIO 120 Second St. TBA.
18b. MANTOVA'S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Headache, performing.
18c. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. Georgia Long, "Chawan," traditional Chinese art, oils on canvas and oils on board.
18d. SEE NO EVIL PHOTO GALLERY at suite C studio 129 Second St. Sonny Belk, "Sweet Sea," digitally enhanced photography.
19. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C streets. Marni Schneider, photography.
19a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. (Main entrance through Snug Alley.) Lobby Gallery, James Hildebrandt, paintings and shadow puppetry.
20. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
20a. ACCENT GALLERY 219 Second St. The Man In White, performing.
20b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Noelle Cox, "Flesh & Love," oil on canvas.
21. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Cammy Williams, oil paintings. Leah Tamara, performing.
21a. FOREVER YOUNG STYLING SALON 308 Second St. Amber Vandunk, mosaics. Monthly drawing for product.
21b. NORTHCOAST KNITTERY 320 Second St. Launch party for "Woodlands," NorthCoast Knittery's first book, and new fiber art loft.
22. THE SIREN'S SONG TAVERN 325 Second St., Rhianna Gallagher, photography; Lindsey Battle and Corey, performing.
22a. alternative building center 325 Second St., TBA.
22b. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY 325 Second St. Group show, Mary Sukup, Libby Maynard, Annie Reid and Donvieve.
22c. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Vickie McDonald, bead jewelry. Christine Siverts, watercolors. MaryAnn Swan, pin art. Zahra Shine, photography.
23. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Paul Dixon, "Scotland," photography.
23a. HUMBOLDT GLASS BLOWERS 214 E St. Monica Haff, paintings; Pinball tournament.
24. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. Coco Thorpe, answering questions about her artwork. Ron Johnson, curator of the "Made for the Trade," will be available to answer questions and sign copies of the exhibit catalog.
25. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. James Reid and Mark McKenna, photography.
25a. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Brian Woida, "Record Covers and Collages." DJ Mantease, spinning vintage soul records.
26. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley Chris Hungerford, paper sculptures; The Living Rooms, performing.
27. HUMBOLDT BAYKEEPER 211 E St. Kenny Ray and the Mighty Rovers, performing.
28. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Renée Thompson, paintings, prints and cards. Fog Liner, performing.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Ethan Bertz, local nature photography.
31. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Sharolyn Hutton, abstract watercolors.
31a. NORTH SOLES 407 Second St. Stephen Infantino, acrylic on canvas.
32a. OLD TOWN SQUARE Second and F streets. Pan Dulce, steel drum band, performing.
33. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT 1 F St. Plaza Huichol Indian art from Mexico.
33a. LIVING THE DREAM ICE CREAM 1 F St. Jackson Falor-Ward, illustration and fine art.
35. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. Costumes, handmade in Humboldt.
35a. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Sharron Smith, paint, ink and fabric on canvas.
36. YARN 418 Second St. Christina Anastasia, acrylic paintings.
36a. TREASURE TROVE 420 Second St. Linda Nesbitt, screen printing on fabric.
37. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Michael Kauffmann, Kneeland author, "Conifers of the Pacific Slope," book signing.
38. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Blake Regan, "Viscous Visions," acrylic and oil paintings.
39. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St. Merry Coor and Naomi Rose, glass artists, Open Studios.
41. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Featuring the artwork from eight different local artists for Open Studios.
42. OLD TOWN JEWELERS 311 F St. Jody Bryan, watercolors.
43. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Adam Foster, photography.
43a. DISCOVERY MUSEUM F and Third streets Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8 p.m.; call for reservations 443-9694.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St. David Norris, traditional beaded jewelry, and art work.
44a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. The Euley Gallery features the Redwood Camera.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE AND CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Lisa Landis, pastels. Mike Craghead and Sari Baker with special guest Matt Craghead, performing.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Second and F streets Ginny Dexter, "California Backroads," photography.
48a. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Permanent display: historic photographs of Old Eureka.
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Gina Mobley, alphabet photography.
49a. FIVE ELEVEN 511 Second St. Rob Hampson, large format paintings. St. John and the Sinners, performing at 10 p.m., no cover.
50b. HUMBOLDT HARDWARE 531 Second St. Monica Coyne, furniture and décor. South Bay School Lemonade Day, sparkling lemonade. Preview for Furniture Fest, June 8-9.
51. PARASOL ARTS PAINT YOUR OWN POTTERY & MOSAICS 211 G St. Thomas Hunt, mosaic artist.
52. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Rob Hampson, abstract oils.
53. PIANTE 620 Second St. Dona Blakely and Russell Blakely.
54. DELIGHTFUL EYE PHOTOGRAPHY 622 Second St. TBA.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen and ink.
56a. ORIGIN DESIGN LAB 621 Third St. Mari Penley, Almond Blossom Arts & Crafts, textile artist, produces sustainable products using organic and re-purposed materials. Guilty Apple, performing. Food by Go Go Bistro.
57. STUDIO S 717 Third St. "Just Susan."
58. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. Jacquelyn Forthun, colored pencil. Amanda Lawry, charcoal wipe out and other materials. Jacqelyn Forthun, colored pencil. Howard Rutherford, acrylic and watercolor. Melissa Zielensky, Mill Creek Glass.
59. CASA BLANCA CATERING CO. 1436 Second St. Shawn Griggs, "Mexico On My Mind." oil paintings.