First Saturday Night Arts Alive!
Nov. 1, 6-9 p.m.
Presented by Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and performances are held the first Saturday of each month.
For more information, call 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Music by Mad River Rose. William Thonson Gallery: "Disconnecting the Dots," Joseph Bellacera. Anderson Gallery: 20th annual Junque Arte Competition & Exhibition, recycled works by various artists. Knight Gallery: "Aldaron's Walkabout: An Artistic and Scientific Exploration of the Bay," Aldaron Laird, photography. Floyd Bettiga Gallery: "5x7 Art Splurge," 5x7 creations by various artists. Proceeds support Youth Art Education Programs. Rotunda Gallery: "Taking Flight," Paula Wenzl Bellacera, charcoal drawings and ceramic sculptures. Youth Gallery: Masks from the HAC Permanent Collection. Humboldt Artist Gallery: Erin Moore, mixed media paintings.
3. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. Lecture and signing of Both Sides of the Bluff: History of Humboldt County Places, vol. 1 by Jerry Rhode.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. "Artist's Choice," mixed media exhibition.
5. MEGARA'S SALON 521 Sixth St. Branden Williams, artwork.
6. DALIANES WORLD TRAVEL SERVICES 522 F St. Victoria Ziskin and Sanford Pyron, oil paintings. Music by the John David Young Conspiracy.
7. F ST. FOTO GALLERY at Swanlund's Camera 527 F St. Redwood Camera Club.
7a. THE LOCAL 517 F St. "Auticera Art," mixed media paintings.
7b. REDWOOD MUSIC MART 511 F St. Music by Ukulele Jammers.
8a. EUREKA STUDIO ARTS 526 Fifth St. Pearl Huang, tai ji, qi gong and Chinese calligraphy, brush and dance movement demonstrations.
9. MIKKIMOVES' LIVING ROOM GALLERY 805 Seventh St. Augustus Clark, acrylic paintings. Music by Kenny Ray and The Mighty Rovers. Taste Verbena Cakes by Stacey Chatfield. Wine pour benefits HAF Fund.
9a. HINTERLAND SCREEN PRINTING/THE EMPIRE 712 Fifth St. Isabelle Baum, paintings. Music by DJ Sparrow.
10. EUREKA SPA AND SALON 601 Fifth St. Complimentary hair chalking, braiding, stress fix ritual. Artist TBA.
11. BOLLYWOOD INDIAN CUISINE 535 Fifth St. Indian art. Belly dance performance.
11a. ROSE'S BILLIARDS 535 Fifth St. Raffles and drawings. Music by Mark Hayes.
12. HUMBOLDT REPUBLIC 535 Fourth St. Artwork on canvas.
13. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. "Three Dreams," Regina Case, paintings. Music by Lisa Baney. Beverage service benefits Team Redwood.
13a. GROSS BUILDING 437 F St. "Low Tide Exhibit #3: Graphic Alchemy," Scott Holmquist, installation.
15a. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. "Local Landscapes," Cynthia Noble, watercolors.
16. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Old boat photography.
17. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. "Old School Art," Michael Arneson.
17a. BLOSSOMS FLORIST 103 Fifth St. Grand opening. Shutter Sisters, upcycled furniture.
18. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. Holiday art sale and open studio to benefit HCAR artists. Raffle for Elisabeth Roberson's "Penguins in the Aurora Borealis" painting.
18a. C STREET STUDIOS & HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Kathryn Stotler.
18c. SAILOR'S GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo related art, antiques and memorabilia.
18d. MANTOVA'S TWO ST. MUSIC 124 Second St. Music by Angel Guitar Orchestra.
18f. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. Ste. B. "Conceptual Environment," Dianna Lynn, Gail McDowell and Evan Wrye.
19. SWEET SEA STUDIO, 129 Second St. Photography.
19a. GALLAGHER'S IRISH PUB 139 Second St. Ron Thompson, oil paintings.
20. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Kathleen Bryson's private collection; Marnie Schneider, artwork.
21. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C streets. Marni Schneider, photography.
21a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. Work by students from Arcata Arts Institute until 8 p.m.
22. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
22a. C.L. LEATHERS 215 Second St. Music by Joe Garceau.
22b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Noelle Cox, oil paintings.
23. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Tani Johnson, drawings, watercolor and oil paintings. Accordion and guitar by Mon Petit Chou.
23a. FOREVER YOUNG BEAUTY SALON 308 Second St. Merissa, jewelry. Refreshments, giveaways.
24. ROMANO GABRIEL SCULPTURE GARDEN next to Healy Bros. Building. Music by The Small Axe Ensemble.
24. THE SIREN'S SONG TAVERN 325 Second St., Suite 102. Music by The Hip Joint.
24a. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY 325 Second St. Dia de Los Muertos altars.
24c. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. "Day of the Dead," Karen Nelson; Paula Hamon, polymer clay; Eric Simon, photography; Norm Leverett, dream catchers.
25. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Mary Anderson, artwork.
25a. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 240 E St. 100th anniversary of the Golden Spike. Music by Redwood Dixie Gators.
25b. CALIFORNIA MENTOR 317 Third St. Jaimal Kordes, paintings.
26. BELLA BASKETS 311 E St. Holly and Ron Vetter, photography and frames.
26a. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. "Industrial Endurance," Hannah Pierce, sculptures.
26b. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Peyote Moon, jewelry. Mari Persson, local, printed portrait photography.
26c. BECAUSE COFFEE . 300 F St. Mustache art.
27. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley. Acoustic guitar by John Myers and Jim Silva.
28. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Daniel Lazarus, assemblage art. Music by Groomin' Charlie.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. "Dia de Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead," Greta Turney, paintings.
31. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Martha Johnson, watercolors.
31a. NORTHCOAST KNITTERY 407 Second St. Patty Demant, eco prints.
32. SASSAFRASS 417 Second St. Serving cookies.
32a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 417 Second St. Sandy Factor, mosaics.
33. CORNUCOPIA 425 Snug Alley. Jessica Hall, mixed media. Tarot readings by Zanna.
33b. NEW AMERICAN FUND 108 F St. Rob Hampson, paintings. Samples from Humboldt Hotsauce. Music by LaPatinas.
34. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. "A Negotiable Utopia: The Humboldt Bay Project," Cynthia Hooper, videos and essays, and Mary Mallahan, ceramic sculpture. "Humboldt Bay Landscape Painters," Andrew Daniel, Mimi LaPlant, Kathy O'Leary and Stock Schlueter, paintings.
34a. WHIPLASH CURVE 423 First St. Jack and Bevelyn, jewelry.
35. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT 1 F St. Plaza Richard Duning, paintings.
36. LIVING THE DREAM ICE CREAM 1 F St. Sonny Wong, acrylic paintings.
37. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Nancy Ayers, mixed media.
38. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. Quilts from Sit & Sew. Fifth birthday party with cake.
39. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Jessica Lilley, fiber sculpture.
39a. YARN 416 Second St. Sales for Survivors benefitting Humboldt Community Breast Health Project.
39b. GEMINI VINTIQUES 420 Second St. Darby Mintey, photography.
40a. COCO CUVEE Inside Riverbend Cellars, 434 Second St. Rob Hampson, paintings.
40b. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. "Freak Show," Simone Smith, taxidermy, preserved oddities.
40d. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St. Day of the Dead face painting by Stephanie Ditmer.
41. THE BROW BAR 226 F St. Roman, live painting.
41a. ALIROSE 229 F St. Susan Strope, paintings.
41b. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Miniature paintings by various artists.
42. OLD TOWN JEWELERS 311 F St. Donvieve, masks and shields.
43. GYPSY SISTERS 527 Third St. Bob Soper, artist.
43a. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third streets. Kids Alive ages 3-11. Drop-off 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. $15, call for reservations 443-9694.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St. Various artists.
44a. PROSPERITY SHOWCASE (formerly Old Town Art Gallery, Carson Block Building) 233 F St. Open house. Beverages courtesy Humboldt Made and Eureka Main Street.
45. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE 526 Opera Alley. Fuente Neueva School, artwork. Face painting. Music by Mariachi de Herencia.
46a. FUNK SHUI 213 F St. Janice Savonen, mixed media, paintings.
46b. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Humboldt Republic, canvas prints. Music by The Jim Lahman Band.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Second and F streets. Margaret Kellerman, acrylic paintings.
50. WOLF DAWG 525 Second St. "Plants & Places," Barbara Saul, acrylic paintings.
50b. HUMBOLDT HARDWARE 531 Second St. Ravenwood Masks.
51. ORIGIN DESIGN LAB 621 Third St. Teresa M. Hodgson, quilts.
51a. PRAXIS FITNESS 239 G St. Winn Wright, drawings.
53. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Rob Hampson, oil paintings. Music by Hip Replacements.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. "Aesthetics of a Doubtful Mind," Marceau Verdiere, oil and enamel on paper.
54a. STUDIO 622 Gallery 622 Second St. "Designed by Nature," Jennifer Mackey.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, drawings.
56. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Work by multiple artists.
57. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. "Ripples from a Stone," Annette Makino and Amy Uyeki, drawings and paintings with haiku and other writings.