it took years to shut down rays in hoopa for it's disgusting rat infestation, so we'll see about the efficiency of ANY government
Please tell me the p.m. is a typo.
Ten Questions Trump and his Voters Fail to Ask themselves because they wont look at the uncomfortable truth facing them in the mirror:
Just ask yourself Trump Voters
1. Why did Donald initiate and maintain the birther issue / question the Presidents citizenship for more than six years without acknowledging he was racist in doing so? Was it (a) to pander to white supremist ideology? (b) because he doesnt care but lacked reasonable evidence Obama was not a citizen? (c) he truly doesnt think any black man is smart enough to be president? (d) some other invalid reason for prompting racial division.
2. Why do both Donald and Ivanka Trump enlist foreign manufacturers to produce clothing line items they market under their Trump name brands? Is it (a) more profitable for them to do so than have American manufacturers do the same? (b) because Donald is duplicitous when he criticizes American companies for doing the same? (c) because they think off-shore labor produces a higher quality product? (d) some other invalid reason.
3. Why does Donald Tweet his opinions rather than express them in detail in front of the press? Is it (a) because tweeting is one way communication only? (b) his followers cannot process information beyond 140 characters? (c) he fails to think things through in depth and lacks cognitive ability to present a cogent argument in support of his views? (d) it avoids intelligent discourse when he paints the press as biased and unfair to justify his avoidance of them.
4. Why did Donald settle his case re: unfair practices of Trump University? Was it (a) because he duped students into enrolling with false promises? (b) because he would have to be deposed by opposing attorneys and have to answer direct questions or embarrass himself with the answers he would give? (c) because some of his unfair practices were disclosed and publicized? or (d) he chose to quell further embarrassing disclosure.
5. Why does Donald promote getting himself and others like him richer on the premise it will improve the economic lot of blue collar workers? Is it (a) because trickle-down economics has failed miserably under previous Republican administrations only to recover again under each successive Democratic leadership since WW2 a fact workers who support the Republican party never seem to grasp? (b) because trickle-down economic theory always begins with the premise of lowering the corporate tax rate which then provides he and the fellow 1%ers in his cabinet more profit? (c) because it gets himself and others like him richer? (d) because the nonsense of trickle-down economic theory Republicans promote slips through amongst the false news and fear mongering they obscure it amongst.
6. Why is Donald on his third marriage? Is it (a) his wives and girlfriends like money and the luxury it affords them but cant tolerate him for any extended period of time? (b) his hands really are that small? (c) he objectifies women and treats them as means to an end? (d) his attorneys are very facile drafting pre-nuptial agreements that cover his infidelity.
7. Why does Donald like and promote beauty pageants so much? Is it that (a) without money or acclaim to be had beautiful young women dont usually associate themselves with horny old orange men sporting combovers? (b) he makes money at it that then makes beautiful young women want to associate with him? (c) it feeds his ego and provides a key to celebrity status? (d) because in his own words If youre a celebrity they just let you grab them?
8. Why does Donald deny climate change? Is it that (a) the Democratic party would never let him run as their candidate but, as a Republican, that party has painted itself into a corner as science disclaimers lacking common intelligence? (b) Donald doesnt really understand scientific theory? (c) Scientists what Donald says repugnant and therefore refuse to educate him? or (d) Donald digs coal because voting coal miners dont dig a future of clean air without coal mining.
9. Why does Donald fail to reveal his tax returns / provide details re: the extent of his investments and potential conflicts of interest? Is it (a) potentially embarrassing? (b) information that would require him to divest profitable holdings? (c) revealing in terms of why he supports specific causes and/or ideology? or (d) those details contain information that upon investigation would reveal fraud and/or illegal business practices.
10. Why does Donalds support come primarily from the South and rural mid-America? Is it (a) because thats where the issues prompting our civil war still reign (in the case of the South)? (b) because those areas are struggling in their attempts to assimilate diversity and fear-mongering finds audiences in those regions? (c) bias and stifled intellectual curiosity has been conclusively linked to agricultural chemicals, bar-b-que, and country music? or (d) all the above.
So long sixteen, youve been quite the year
Now, with the election over, its the result that I fear
With tweets from a twit in stunning array
Trumps taken this country to my painful dismay.
How dumb can folks be
Who threw in their lot
With a guy whod brag
About grabbin a twat?
A campaign bully, a trust funded jerk
He dumbed down his message, and made it work
Ignoring history, hed make up a fact
False news they called it Fox News backed!
Marked by his disdisdishonesty
He found some appeal, he did find some backers
Like David Dukes and white Southern crackers
I still marvel how he with the mighty thin skin
Could convince even ducks that they couldnt swim
And sell real dumb fucks theory best found in comics
Case in point: trickle - down economics
Ill always remember, in a not so fond way
The revisionist drivel spawned by Kellyanne _ _ _ _ _ _
And that kiss-ass suck-up Chris Christie
He with the integrity of your average rice krispy
Explain to me how this electoral college
Lacks walls or classrooms to the best of my knowledge
Yet can validate 2nd place losers by popular vote
And turn them to winners that so get my goat?
Is this college a fraud? Is it open to folks like me too?
Or is it an illusion like the notorious Trump U
Its scary to think what was done to Al Gore
But its happened again, add one Dem more
As this year ends and Mr. Obama retires
Weary from eight years of fighting the fires
I want to thank my President, with his tested tough chin
Who weathered raw racism again and again!
To be succeeded by a new leader of the pack
The pack leader to be who told Putey to hack
Who tweets away like hes strung out on crack
Who means what he says but dont know Jack
Hes an entitled man child, thats putting it mild
He walks like a man and talks like a child
But theres more to this boy its the sum of his parts
That clouds the air like smelly old farts
When that air is polluted by more corporate profit
The water unfit because Trump thought little of it
When the country goes broke building some stupid wall
Tell me people, who ya gonna call?
With a soul which is sold through conflicts of interest
A prep school general who quite clearly pimped us,
will be deep in the swamp - with his ass nipped by gators
And when the economy flips, well all be Trump haters!
The redeeming knowledge held by each democrat
Is our Prez is still young, therell always be that
And old Don will have a sound critic, the one whos been there
The man still respected, for whom we still care
The man who came in / saved the economys ass
Who spoke with eloquence, the one who at last
Pulled us out of Iraq and stopped the damnation
Of dropping bombs on that troubled nation.
I cant wait for Barrack to lead the opposition
The public rallies are gonna be YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!
To all GOP who ducked Clinton for this?
To Mitch McConnell
To Ted Cruz
To Chris Christie
To Kellyanne Conway
To Paul Ryan
To Trey Gowdy
To FBI Director Comey
To You Trump Sucking Lovers of guns, One per centers, Climate change deniers, Sexist misogynists and Racial bigots
You can lie to yourself that youre not the sexist, racist xenophobe that our next commander in grief is. You can also try convincing sheep that theyre really kimono dragons. But while you Trump stumpers practice your patriot tea party swagger, history will remember you for what your vote did to set this country back in 2016.
Water is life. This is the mantra of the Water protectors in Standing Rock in North Dakota who have stopped at least temporarily the Dakota Access Pipe Line. If the marijuana growers impact any tribal water resources, mark my words, Tribal Governments will shut them down.
BTW.....that link for copwatch takes one to a nonexistent page. What the heck?
Cops are out of control. No one can rein them in. Now they are militarized to the teeth.
You know how people are. When they get 'toys' they want to use them.
What happened to the days when talking a suspect down regardless of time spent went out of fashion?
What happened to using tasers?
It's appalling and revealing how indifferent the public remains to abuses/murder by thug cops.
All except people of color. They've been fighting and getting murdered by cops for decades...a lot of decades.
How many times can you say "Sorry sweetheart we don't read the NCJ would you like a good book." I don't find this piece disgusting but I do find it , as an educator and mother, inappropriate. I want our young people to be exposed to relevant news but I'd like to have some control over the ways ( and time) they learn about lovemaking or sexuality, as you will. Call me old fashioned but I'm proud of that.
Wow, Joe! Thanks.
I had missed that article completely.
Searched it out to read just because of you.
Sounds good to me. When it comes right down to it there are still limited ways to describe such personal events.
Dude, the lead paragraph warned you.
Odd and revealing you object to a particular sexual act but not to murders?
Keep up the good, honest and fair work, my brothers.
Great article, I wrote a similar one on my blog at http://john-nevarez.blogspot.com/
I don't get the point. Is it bad or good that Betty Chinn provided meals without a commercial kitchen... better than not providing meals, right?
"...you and your pro rent control comrades..."
What's it like living in the 1960s, anonymous naysayer?
Nice try, Joel Mielke, suggesting that only one parkowner provides low, fair rents in Humboldt County. You couldn't be more wrong, but I understand that for you and your pro rent control comrades, advancing a political agenda is far more important than telling the truth. The average rent throughout every mobilehome park in Humboldt County is $435 a month. That is not a "pleasant anecdote", but an undisputed fact. The late U.S. Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan was fond of saying: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."
Vote NO on Measure V
So forget about having quiet, peaceful nights in Trinidad. Mr. Reinman has people paying him big bucks to come to stay next-door to you and keep you up all night. He doesn't want to be responsible for his renter's actions because he just wants the money to flow with no responsibilities. Selfish and gross, Mr. Reinman.
John Bradley points out that "we have voluntarily kept rent increases close to the CPI for more than 40 years," and it's nice to know that one mobilehome park owner is fair about rent increases, but one park owner treating renters decently is just a pleasant anecdote. We need a remedyplease vote yes on V.
THE ARGUMENTS AGAINST MEASURE V & RENT CONTROL
RENT CONTROL DEFINED: Measure V is a rent control initiative backed by a small group of mobilehome park residents who want the government to guarantee them below-market rents for life. This new rent control bureaucracy would be subsidized by all Humboldt County taxpayers.
RENT CONTROL IS UNNECESSARY: Scores of individuals and families from all socioeconomic backgrounds have chosen to live in one of Humboldt Countys many mobilehome parks, where manufactured home prices are much lower than stick-built home prices. Rents in these communities are low, fair and reasonable; averaging less than $435 per month.
RENT CONTROL IS TOO COSTLY: The administrative tax Measure V seeks to impose on residents will not cover the astronomical costs associated with rent control. Rent control programs often result in years of expensive litigation. A jury recently found the City of Carsons rent control ordinance unconstitutionally applied and ordered taxpayers there to pay a staggering $7.4 million judgment.
RENT CONTROL HARMS THE COMMUNITY: California cities and counties with rent control have spent tens of millions of taxpayer dollars administering burdensome rent control bureaucracies. Rent control takes scarce public resources away from law enforcement, fire protection, and other vital local government services.
RENT CONTROL IS UNFAIR: Unlike most government assistance programs, rent control is not based on need, income or any other form of qualification. Under Measure V, mobilehome park residents regardless of their income or financial means will automatically be entitled to below-market, taxpayer-subsidized rents for life.
McMAC REJECTED RENT CONTROL: The McKinleyville Municipal Advisory Committee carefully examined rent control and unanimously voted against recommending its adoption by the Board of Supervisors in 2015. Like 447 other municipalities in the state, Humboldt County operates fairly and responsibly without rent control.
Vote NO on Measure V
What a crock.
If Fullertons experience contained an example of leadership, that example would have appeared in his mailers. Empty words, Mr. Fullerton. Many people in Eureka volunteer for their community, and all deserve gratitude.
If Fullerton respects everyone he would refrain from accusing his opponent, a cardiac health worker at St. Joseph Hospital, of running an insincere campaign of slogans and cliches.
I already voted for Austin Allison, not simply because the veins in his nose are not dilated, like so many of Eurekas Old-Guard, but because its time we began respecting our intelligent, professional and confident youth by giving them a well-deserved opportunity to take their community in a positive new direction
"My concern and knowledge about the homeless situation is not just a theoretical exercise but a problem that directly impacted my family for years and resulted in the death of my younger brother."
??? I find no information to clarify this statement regarding your brother.
"Voting and arguing" are not "leadership" Mr. Fullerton.
Furthermore, few members of this community are MORE partisan than you. Why try to obscure your lifelong affiliation, contributions, and involvement in local republican campaigns and your republican friends who comprise the near-unanimous list of your endorsements?
Your deception is also not leadership.
What kind of "leadership" would participate in an obviously partisan event dubbed as a "non-partisan Block Party" attended by all the local republican activists held at Sequoia Park, organized by fellow-republican operative Susie Owsley who has your yard sign on her empty rental on H Street, (just before Campton)?
No one paying attention in this small town is fooled by such dishonesty.
Jefferson School, (like Grant), were fully attended.
However, Jefferson is in the poorer neighborhood and you did nothing to organize that community to effectively stop its closure, nor anything to hold local charter schools to account for cherry-picking their students, nor any efforts to get the bonds issued to avoid ANY closures. As we subsequently learned, the Jefferson community was willing and able to organize, they only lacked competent leadership and a sincere and knowledgeable advocate at a crucial moment.
That wasn't you.
Worthington school "fell victim" to a lack of leadership, a consistent theme in your history. Even your campaign materials fail to provide a solitary example of leadership they claim you possess.
Yes, Mr. Fullerton, your kind of "leadership" is what qualifies you for a spot on the planning commission in a city that rejected its only known volunteer with an actual advanced degree in planning, (Xandra Mann).
NO ONE will be surprised to hear the cries of "unfair", "corrupt", and "rigged" by you and your partisan friends when the tables are turned and liberals begin enjoying the same "entitlement" to serving majority appointments to "non-partisan" offices appointed by a "non-partisan" mayor.
Hilary Mosher, the disgraced author of Measure V who was forced to resign from her own rent control campaign has finally admitted that she lied when she denied being the writer of a January 2016 email offering to quit all rent control efforts in exchange for $150,000 in land and an interest-free loan. Mosher told the Mad River Union newspaper: "I will not dignify this scurrilous libel with a response." Mad River Union Update 10.25.16: "According to an article in todays Times-Standard, Hilary Mosher confirmed that she did, in fact, write the email. This contradicts statements made by Mosher to the Union in which she denied writing the email and suggests that the email was just a campaign dirty trick." Mosher's two remaining campaign lieutenants, Patti Rose and Carrie Peyton Dahlberg, refused to condemn the greed and self-interest of their boss; instead, they thanked and praised Mosher. Humboldt County voters cannot trust people like this. Vote NO on Measure V.
In Print This Week:
Jan 12, 2017
vol XXVIII issue 2
The North Coast Journal Weekly
Website powered by Foundation